Closing Date : 20 May 2019
Koffiefontein, Free State
Maintain equipment according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Perform standby duties and attend to breakdowns
- Responsible for conveyer maintenance
- Responsible for electrical distribution and control cable installation, jointing and termination
- Responsible for electrical motor installation and replacement
- Responsible for medium voltage protection systems and switching
- Responsible for motor control centre and distribution board installation
- Responsible for MV capacitor bank maintenance
- Responsible for overhead crane maintenance
- Responsible for the installation of lighting systems
- Responsible for the maintenance of electrical equipment (e.g. MV and LV Switchgear, Electrical Motors, Lighting Systems, MCC
- panels, Electrical distribution boards)
- Responsible to operate and maintain standby generator
- Grade 10
- N2 National Certificate
- Electrician Trade Certificate through a recognised institution and/or apprenticeship
- 3 years post Apprenticeship/Qualification experience as an Electrician
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Grade 12
- Computer Literate
Candidates holding a QCTO (Section 26D) Trade Test, where the learning route is not specified on the Certificate, must submit the following: Statement of results issued by an accredited MQA trade test centre as well as evidence of training conducted at a technical training centre (e.g. Portfolio of Evidence, Logbooks). Should these documents not be submitted, the application will not be considered. Candidates holding S28 Trade Test certificates from non-Mining Sector centres will not be considered.
Other Skills / Compentencies:
- Able to communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Analytical thinking; Attention to detail; Accuracy; Continuous learning; Diversity; Planning; Problem solving
Koffiefontein Diamond Mine is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan and internal candidates. Pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security
clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates who reside within our host labour sending area of Letsemeng / Xhariep District Municipalities (proof of residence may be requested).
If you are already employed by Petra Diamonds, please submit an authorised Internal Application Form, your résumé, qualifications and ID when applying.
Prospective applicants who, at the time of lodging an application to this advertisement, are employed through Kimberley Ekapa Mining JV should note that Petra Diamonds reserves the right to disclose such an application to Kimberley Ekapa Mining JV.
Please complete an application form (available on http://www.petradiamonds.com/careers/current-vacancies) and forward, together with your résumé, qualifications and ID, to e1 firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 May 2019. Please note that incomplete documentation
will not be considered.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Petra Diamonds reserves the right not to fill this position.