Location: Bryanston, GT, ZA
AFC – Danone Southern Africa (Pty),a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for Financial Operations Controller South Africa (ZA) [[filter6]]
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside!
The Operations Controller will be responsible for three staff members in the financial operations department and control the factory, logistics & cost of sales financials for Danone South Africa. This individual will need to be innovative and assertive as they need to both support and challenge top line functions from a financial point of view. The Operations Financial Manager will build, analyse and make recommendations on business optimization/investment in consultation with other functions, as well as build and monitor budgets vs. actuals and communicate this information to the top line company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the senior operations team in developing the factory, purchasing and supply chain strategy and analyzing the potential impact and profitability of different strategies
- Support of Management (GM and directors) in evaluating top line strategies from a financial standpoint.
- Lead the financial evaluation of new product launches and business strategies.
- Support the Management Team in evaluating top line strategies from a financial perspective
- Devise, analyze and make recommendations on business optimization and investment opportunities in consultation with other functions to maximize profitability
- Contribute to the overall profitability of the company
- Ad hoc projects : operation efficiency and productivity; new business profitability analysis/recommendation
- Maintain a strong link with Group operation business planner (France)
- Monitor operational spend vs YA / rolling forecast / Estimate.
- Monitor, Control and Report operations spend. Implement mechanisms and tools to facilitate this
- Support the operations team by challenging the their strategy based on financial analysis
- Analyze the potential operational impact and profitability of different strategies
- Issue recommendations of investment in the current business in order to maximize profitability
Financial Planning and Management
- Recognize cost savings across
o Purchasing Method
o Products reformulation
o Factory productivity
o Supply-chain optimization
- New business profitability analysis/recommendation
- Manage and maintain the company financials to ensure that targets are met and exceptions are highlighted
- Monthly animation of the profit and loss in comparison with budgets and estimates
- Liaise with CBS on an ongoing bases
- Build the operations Rolling forecast and Estimate
- Build the company Rolling forecast and estimates
- Manage and maintain the Cost Model to ensure/inform that the department remains within budget:
- Monthly animation of a full cost based KPI to review actual versus budget.
- Monthly meetings to deliver the KPI’s and recommend savings.
- Generation of internal and group reporting
- Manage the financial reporting to the group making sure deadlines are met
Leadership and Management
- Staff supervision and mentoring
Training and Development
- Staff management, mentoring and motivation
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
Academic and Trade Qualifications
- Must have a Bachelor of Commerce or Accounting Degree
- CA or CIMA(Ideal)
- At least six years’ experience as a Business Controller/Industrial Business Planning Manager at a senior level for a Factory environment of a Fast Moving Consumer Goods company
- Should ideally have worked for a multinational company
- Must have managed a Finance team
- Must have budget building and controlling experience
- Some experience in Auditing would be advantageous
Personal and Behavioural Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Personal integrity
- Strong relationship builder
- Analytical thinking
- Strong Influencing skills
- Enthusiastic with a can do attitude
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com .
How to apply